January 17, 2012

Pizzeria Date Night

Hola blog world! I feel like I sort of dropped off the blogosphere planet the last few days! I had yesterday off {government job perk!} and it felt like it was still the weekend, so I completely forgot to blog. I remembered about 9 pm, but then I decided it could wait!

Anyway, this weekend Brian and I started a new thing...date night! I wasn’t planning on it becoming a “thing”, but we decided we would do a special date night in once a month and take turns with the hosting responsibilities.  I thought I'd share in case anyone was looking for a cute and simple date idea, I know I always am!

We had talked about making our own pizza before, so I decided to do a Pizzeria Date Night! Here are some yummy pictures from the evening, I unfortunately didn’t get pictures of the pizza. We were just having too much fun and I forgot! He basically made a Supreme pizza on his half and I made a chicken and broccoli alfredo pizza, very good!

 Ambiance is everything!  I even made us a little sign! lol Don’t forget music too! I opened Pandora and played a station based on “That’s Amore” by Dean Martin, it was perfect pizzeria music!

This is the most amazing garlic bread ever! I just bought a tube of Pilbury’s Italian bread, cooked it for half of the time {about 15-20 min}, then I pulled it out of the oven to cool. While it’s cooling, brush on a homemade garlic oil/butter {just melted butter, a bit of oil, italian seasonings, and a lot of minced garlic}. Once it’s cooled, slice into the bread and stuff the slices with more of the garlic butter and lots of cheese, we used mozzarella and parmesan. Then bake it for the rest of the time. It was AMAZING!

Like I said, I don’t have a final picture, but here are all our fixin’s! We had alfredo and regular sauce as well as two different meats, cheeses and lots of veggies! We used pizza crust out of a tube and brushed it with the left over garlic butter, again so yummy!

I kind of forgot dessert until the last minute.  Brian's favorite is tiramisu, but I just didn't have the time.  So, instead I made this quick dessert based on tiramisu.  In a bowl, crumble up some Nilla wafers, pour a little bit of coffee over them, top that with vanilla yogurt and some whipped creme, then sprinkle some cocoa powder over it.  Top it off with a couple more Nilla wafers!  I think it was pretty yummy, not really tiramisu, but still good. :)

All in all, Pizzeria Date Night was a major success! Brian was already planning for his turn...he mentioned something about a Medieval theme? Sounds like fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...