May 21, 2012

Recipe: Eggs 'n Stuff

Kassie’s Egg’s & Stuff

So, this is a total cop-out for a real recipe...because obviously you just make eggs and add stuff. However, this is a staple on weekend mornings, so I thought I’d just share what I generally “add”. :)


You Need:
Eggs or egg beaters
Almond milk
Veggies, chopped
Meat of sorts (optional)
shredded cheese
Oil
Pepper
Salt
Other Seasonings you like - I like using minced garlic or garlic powder. :)

You Do:

1. First, heat up some oil in a pan. If you are going to add meat, cook it first. Then add your veggies. I generally just use whatever is left in the fridge from the previous week. This day I used green peppers (yum!) and carrots! If you are using meat that’s already cooked (I used a leftover ranch burger from the night before, ha), then wait till your veggies have cooked for a few minutes, then add it.

2. While the veggies are doing their thing, prep your eggs. I generally make 1.5-2 eggs per person. So crack and whisk your eggs in a separate dish. If you want the eggs to be a bit fluffier add a some milk, I use almond milk. Just eyeball it! I also usually add some spices here, like the garlic powder and a bit of pepper.

3. Next pour the eggs into the pan with your veggies. I let it sit and firm up for a minute or two before I start “scramblin”. If you want add some more pepper and a smidge of salt now. I also added a bit of cheese at this point.

4. Lastly, start scramblin’ your eggs! You’ll want to do this over low/med heat so they don’t burn. Add more cheese and seasonings if you want and just cook your eggs to your liking. I don’t like mine runny, so I cook them all the way.


There ya go! Super easy and yummy!
xo, kass


P.S.  I'm without a computer this week!  I scheduled some posts, but please bear with me on the finale leg of my move.  Thanks!!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...